Tracking domain and deliverability

Hi,

I'm here with similar and maybe kinda connected question with this topic.

1) We need to solve that the customer does not send emails on behalf of our app's domain - for example, the default tracking domain. We require and strictly control the quality of the email database, but sometimes poor quality contacts are found in the lists of our customers and this affects the reputation of our domain.

2) If a user has a verified tracking domain and uses it in campaigns, in emails outside of campaigns (e.g. double opt-in...) the tracking domain will not be used and therefore all links will still come from our app's domain. This means that if someone sends to low quality email addresses, it will negatively affect our domain - for example, we will be blacklisted. The deliverability of "list emails" such as double opt-in could be worse for other customers who use a tracking domain and quality database?

The deliverability and reputation of the domain is very important to us, so we are trying to figure out a solution, if you have any other ideas or could provide us some custom coding, we would be grateful.

We need to solve that the customer does not send emails on behalf of our app's domain - for example, the default tracking domain.
These are two unrelated things. One is handled by your smtp servers and the other one is tracking domains. When you host people under your domain, you can grant them a tracking domain for masking the links in emails, because that's the whole purpose of those tracking domains. As far as I am aware, when using tracking domains, all links in the email will use that domain, in some case, with some expections.

in emails outside of campaigns (e.g. double opt-in...) the tracking domain will not be used and therefore all links will still come from our app's domain.
This is correct, but the tracking domains are not to be used for such things, they are called tracking domains because they are only used in tracking scenarios, in campaigns. They were never intended to work in a different manner.

I understand. Thank you.

So I'm wondering if we can set somewhere the obligation to use a tracking domain. At the moment a customer can send a campaign without a tracking domain selected. At that point, all links are not masked and our domain reputation can be affected by this campaign.

Or if it is possible to set any other tracking domain as default for all customers, which will be used if the customer does not use their own tracking domain.

I understand. Thank you.

So I'm wondering if we can set somewhere the obligation to use a tracking domain. At the moment a customer can send a campaign without a tracking domain selected. At that point, all links are not masked and our domain reputation can be affected by this campaign.

Or if it is possible to set any other tracking domain as default for all customers, which will be used if the customer does not use their own tracking domain.
If you allow your customers the create their own delivery servers then you can disable option to add tracking domain for DS: Backend > Settings > Customers > Domains > Can select tracking domains for campaigns > No, then when a customer will create a delivery server you can update this DS and add your own tracking domain.

Also you can disable option to allow customers to create their own DS and use only DS added in backend for which you will add desired tracking domain: Backend > Settings > Customers > Server > Max. delivery servers > 0 (set it to 0)

Back